Why did you start making Downfall Parodies?

I enjoyed the parodies for a couple years without making them, or even ever commenting on any of them. I have always been a shy person most of the time, and I didn't feel like I had a place in making anything. I think of ideas, but don't normally make them. I kind of felt like making these parodies was an exclusive club type thing and there wasn't a place for me. This was my own emotional and psychological barrier I made and not an actual issue, but it did keep me from doing it. I've always had confidence issues. I only started making them after this site was created, but I also hadn't known about the other forum previously. I had a burst of confidence after actually meeting some people who not only knew what the parodies are but also make some. I believe I mentioned wanting to start, and was told that I should. So I ended up making one of my own. Krebs has a Sore Finger being the first one that I will actually count. I had a moment of realization that I'll never know if it will work out unless I try, and unless I get involved. So I made some and I'm feeling pretty good about it now. :) I'm still new and improving, but I'm enjoying the ideas and the ability to actually try and make the ideas happen instead of hoping someone else will.

Edit: oh my. Sorry about the longer post! I'm a writer as a hobby and I can tend to say a lot more than necessary.

• 4 months later...

Initially, I watched some parodies years ago, but I stopped watching until my History teacher showed the class a Hitler parody (he is my favourite teacher of all time), and since I was reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the time, I decided to make one with Hitler's reaction to the answer to life, the universe, and everything. It just carried on from there. After that, I posted 10 parodies in 7 days, and then I found the bigger Untergangers like HRP, and then this forum.

Initially, I watched some parodies years ago, but I stopped watching until my History teacher showed the class a Hitler parody (he is my favourite teacher of all time), and since I was reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the time, I decided to make one with Hitler's reaction to the answer to life, the universe, and everything. It just carried on from there. After that, I posted 10 parodies in 7 days, and then I found the bigger Untergangers like HRP, and then this forum.

I must be going to the wrong school...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp, this is where I come in. I'd actually made one Downfall parody before the whole "meme" got as popular as it is now. It began back in 2009, after watching "Hitler gets banned from Xbox Live." Just a bit of clarity to add to the mix, this channel/account wasn't even in existence back then, as the video that I made isn't even on Youtube anymore (I believe that it got banned, but I honestly can't remember). The video was "Hitler gets banned from Club Penguin." This, I suppose, was my "opening act", I put this lightly because the channel that I uploaded it on went in the direction of "Youtube Poops." I suddenly realised that I loved having the control over the characters, making Hitler's life total hell. Even with this all said, I stopped and my hobby of making Youtube videos came to a complete halt. It was up until that fateful day, 2 months ago, when I met the one and only AlphaSkyRaider and he ressurected my love for Downfall Parodys. 

• 1 month later...

I actually started out making AGK videos. After some episodes I decided to include Hitler. Sadly most of my videos have been deleted. :( At first I didn't really enjoy using downfall clips. After finding more Downfall clips I found myself making more downfall related videos than AGK videos. I really enjoyed Fegelein's antics and Jodl's objections. :D