UA needs new rules?

Hi!

Since the idea of self-nominations was accepted by most, I will try that out for one month to see what happens. I do think we will need some kind of rules though, regarding qualifications. This would prevent a tsunami of poorly made parodies from winning in the UA. If you agree, then please help out by suggesting what kind of rules you would like to see. Perhaps rules regarding quality, correct use of language, etc. (These are just examples).  I don't think the rules should be too narrow, since that would make it too hard to win. But some sort of restriction would be good, to - like I said - prevent very, very poorly made parodies from winning ;)

So:

1. Do you agree to having rules of this kind?

2. Suggest what kind of rules you would like to see.

Thanks :) The new rules will be used in September, in that case.

Well, the self-nomination bit has already been decided in a previous thread. So I will test it out this month to see what happens. The question is whether or not there should be qualification rules for the actual parodies. However, Soalric posted a very interesting point on the other forum, he said; "The way we prevent poorly made parodies from winning is by judging! I don't think putting qualifications on entries would be a good idea, as it might discourage people from nominating. Like I said, if it's a big issue, we just won't choose the video to win." And that is an excellent point... And as I said to Alpha on the chat before; there is already a rule about nominating at least one other parody while nominating your own :) But yeah, let's continue to leave it open and see if more people have thoughts on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thinking...what if instead of people nominating parodies, the judges instead select which parodies that were uploaded during that month are best. This will help out, I think, the few amount of nominations since not alot of people (including myself) take the time to nominate parodies on a regular basis. I know that that in itself will be a tough task (for the judges to sift through the parodies) since alot of parodies are uploaded every month. But I think that would be the best and fairest way of choosing and nominating parodies. You guys have alot of parodies just sitting waiting to be nominated. Just my thought though.

Just thinking...what if instead of people nominating parodies, the judges instead select which parodies that were uploaded during that month are best. This will help out, I think, the few amount of nominations since not alot of people (including myself) take the time to nominate parodies on a regular basis. I know that that in itself will be a tough task (for the judges to sift through the parodies) since alot of parodies are uploaded every month. But I think that would be the best and fairest way of choosing and nominating parodies. You guys have alot of parodies just sitting waiting to be nominated. Just my thought though.

This suggestion is good, but it has its downsides too. Like OneTime pointed out, the judges would have to sit and watch a huge amount of parodies every month. I would like to suggest keeping the current system, and perhaps adding a "committee", a few people who would like to take on the job to nominate parodies each month. As a way of getting extra nominations, while still keeping the current system. Perhaps nominating one parody in each category (when it's possible). If anyone is interested in this, then let me know :)